The South Florida Regional Transportation Authority offers a very competitive salary in addition to an excellent benefits package. Some of the benefits include: health, dental, vision, life insurance, medical and child-care reimbursement accounts, deferred compensation, critical illness, paid annual leave and retirement benefits.
Interested candidates email, mail or fax resume with salary requirements and Application for Employment to:
- MS Word
EOE/Smoke and Drug Free Workplace
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Title: Transportation Planner
Hours Per Week: 40
Position Hiring Range: $52,784 – $58,062/yr.
Position Salary Range: $52,784 - $85,011/yr.
Schedule: M – F
8:00a – 5:00p
(Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary)
Department: Planning & Capital Dev.
Posting Date: 02/13/15
OPEN TO ALL APPLICANTS:
The South Florida Regional Transportation Authority (SFRTA), a tri-county public transit authority serving Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, is seeking a Transportation Planner to support the authority’s efforts in mass transit and/or transportation planning by mainly assisting with the Administration and Management of Consultant Contracts.
• Assist with the administration and management of General Planning Consultants (GPCs), General Engineering Consultants (GECs), and General Systems Engineering (GSEs) Consultants contracts.
• Assist with maintaining records and tracking status of all GPCs, GECs and GSEs including invoicing and DBE participation.• Monitor and make periodic track inspection to ensure that all Federal and SFRTA requirements are being met by maintenance contractor, including participating in audits.
• Assist with the preparation, issuance and management of Work Orders, (WOs) and Purchase Orders (POs); coordinate with Procurement Department to successfully process and close out WOs and POs as required.
• Assist with timely processing and approval of invoices, including maintaining logs and preparing spreadsheets; coordinate with and Finance and Procurement Departments to resolve invoicing and billing issues.
• Conduct self-training on Eden software to successfully master modules and to submit purchase requisitions and track status of all active WOs and POs for GPCs, GECs and GSEs.
• Develop and evaluate consultant scope of services and proposals for planning projects and programs.
• Analyze and evaluate transportation related data.
• Represent the department at various public and transportation stakeholder meetings.
• Assist in the identification of Board Agenda items and ensure timely preparation of agendas, packages, minutes and correspondences.
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations governing transit and transportation programs.
• Knowledge of project management techniques and methods.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and/or other project software used for scheduling and budgeting purposes.
• Knowledge of public speaking and presentation techniques and methods.
• Knowledge of concepts and statistical analysis techniques.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple planning projects.
• Ability to organize information clearly and precisely.
• Ability to communicate well orally and in writing.
• Ability to analyze data using complex spreadsheets and prepare reports.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, GIS mapping software, and other presentation and scheduling software.
• Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Geography, Transportation Engineering, or other closely related field, plus
• A minimum of two (2) years of transit planning and/or transportation planning experience.
• Or any equivalent combination of related training and experience.
Benefits & Compensation:
The South Florida Regional Transportation Authority offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include:
• Paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time
• Health Insurance through the State of Florida – PPO or HMO.
• Participation in the Florida Retirement System (FRS).
• Employer paid life insurance and long term disability coverage
• Ability to enroll and contribute to one of the State of Florida deferred compensation plans.
• Tuition Reimbursement program
• Free train transportation on Tri-Rail; a savings of up to $900/yr
• Paid memberships in organizations related to employees’ field/profession.
• Paid workshops, seminars and educational conferences related to profession